Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Trees and lollipops.   Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Staring out into the falling sun, Dawn sighed, it was another day no different then normal and being a werewolf you would think life would be a lot my interesting, more adventurous but some part of her was happy that is wasn’t. Pushing herself off the wet ground she started to walk down the field towards the centre, where the tall grass swayed gracefully in the wind. She lifted her hand and gently pushed back her brunette hair behind her ears, to keep it from blowing in her face.

Adjusting her small shirt to cover her navel, she pulled her jeans up slightly and kicked off her shoes, feeling the soft grass beneath her feet. Taking a slow step back she began to run towards a large oak tree that stood just around the outskirts of the field, jumping up into the air she wrapped her hands around the thick branch and pulled her self up easily, her whole body seemed weightless.

Sitting upon the very sturdy branch she kicked back her legs and let them swing playfully while pulling out a small raspberry lollipop out of her pocket and popping it into her mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mortalempire.proboards98.com/index.cgi
Riley
Human Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:42 pm

I stared around me at the vast fields of La Push. The grass was amazing, and some patches of it were so tall as to brush across my cheeks as I walked. I tripped over some dirt clods, and into the ground, but stood up again easily and brushed the dirst from my faded jeans with a small smile. I realised that, although it was warm (A rare sight around Forks), it was also windy, and flipflops weren't the best footwear in these conditions.

I stopped in my tracks and scanned the field, squinting my eyes. I was sure I could see something in the distance. Sure enough, there stood a large tree (Possibly oak?). It seemed to be near some houses, so I wondered if it was the edge of the fields or not.
I started walking again, in hopes to lie under the tree and listen to nothing but the call of birds... and honking of cars.

As I got ever closer to the tree, I realised that something was moving in it. It was too big to be a bird, unless hawks had suddenly migrated over to La Push. I picked up speed and was standing beneath the tree in seconds. I stared up to see a foot dangling a few inches above my head. A body was attached to it, so I said "...Hello? Anyone up there?"

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/yet_to_be_seen
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:59 pm

She stared out into the fields, trying to ignore the many rustles in the bushes, just thinking it was a woodland creature she didn’t notice it come towards the tree. Pulling out the lollipop from her mouth she smiled by how tiny it had already have gotten, letting out a little giggle she felt something touch the bottom of her foot. Her eyes widening she flung herself forward, keeping her legs wrapped around the branch she fell upside down, now facing a girl about her age.

“AHHHHHH!!!” she screamed as her legs slipped from the branch making her land face first on the floor. She slowly lifted herself onto her elbows and looked up to the girl. “Yes someone WAS up there.” She replied a little moodily, as she wiped down the mud of her clothes. She wiped her brow with the back of her hand as a few droplets of sweat trickled down.

“You know it’s rude to startle people like that!” Dawn shook her hair, making it flow naturally down her shoulders. Looking back to the girl she gave a smile before looking down in the mud to see her lollipop covered in filth, her smile turned upside down. “Ahh man! And that was my last one!” Pursing her lips she shrugged and held her hand out toward the stranger. “My names Dawn, Dawn Oaks” For a moment that line reminded her of a cheesy James bond film.
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:26 am

I pouted at her moodiness, but then laughed at her introduction; "You sound like a bad James Bond wannabe" I smiled. "My Name's Riley Winters, but just call me Riley". I took her hand and shook it, giving the cheesiest grin I could muster.

I guessed she was a nice person, beneath the slight mood swings, and when I shook her hand it was quite hot, even though my hand were cold in the warm wind.
"So, do you fall out of trees often" I asked, pacing around the large oak. I tried to get up there myself, but almost as soon as I put my hand on the large branch it snapped off. I turned slightly pink "I guess I'm kind of unlucky."

[OOC - sorry Nim, its kinda short, but my dad needs the comp and wants to cose the window ><]

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 pm

“Rather be a James bond wannabe than a Barbie,” Dawn replied fairly spitefully but her eyes widened quickly as she brought her hand to her mouth. “I didn’t mean that! Sorry I speak before I think…” she replied a little guiltily, having had so many arguments with her father she had forgotten when it was right to spit back, and when it was just plain rude.

“And no, I don’t tend to fall off trees intentionally, but ha-ha I guess you scared me that’s all.” Dawn laughed at her attempt to climb the branch. “Ahh Yeh, but then again having my weight on there wouldn’t have helped but try that branch” She pointed towards a thicker one just to the left. “It looks a lot sturdier”

Dawn almost skipped towards it and placed both her hands firmly pressed against the bark, before pushing up and sitting comfortably on the branch. She patted the space beside her. “Don’t worry it won’t snap, this one is a lot thicker and more like another stump…” Dawn laughed punching down on the wood, gently but it would seem hard enough for Riley, for if Dawn punched hard enough, no doubt the thick wood would break.

(ooc. Tis okay Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 pm

I let out a small gasp as she called me a barbie. It was hurtful, as there were superficial people who wore heavy eyeliner; not just clumsy blondes. But then, when Dawn apologised I softened. "Its okay I guess. There's probably a good reason that you're like that. Just reflexes I guess."

A grin spread across my face and I laughed out loud when she said I scareed her "I don't really have that effect on most people: they tend to stand there and blink whenever I make an attempt at scariness.
I grabbed the branch she suggested, and found it much easier to grab onto. But unfortunately, I lacked the upper body strengh to heave myself onto the branch, and ended up hanging in mid-air, my feet flailing wildly in ever direction as my arms strained to pull myself up.
"What are you, to be able to get up there so easily?! Superhuman!?" I laughed slightly, but it sounded like a choke.

I jumped down from the branch and ran my fingers through my hair. This was incredible. Maybe Dawn went to the gym? She didn't look too toned, but I'd heard that sometimes it didn't show. "Dawn, this might sound weird... but, do you work out?" The stupidity of my question hit me and I groaned. "Never mind..."

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:55 am

“Yeh…” Dawn spoke, zoning out as she began to think of so many times she had
Spoke things she shouldn’t have, after a while she saw Riley try climbing the tree.
Letting out a loud laugh she pressed a hand firmly against the trunk and stood up, easily. “Superhuman? What makes you think that?” She asked laughing nervously while giving a twirl still high upon the branch.

Dawn looked down at Riley questionably and then realised what she meant, turning her gaze to her arms she laughed softly. “I go jogging every morning” She spoke jumping off and landing on the ground steadily. Turning to Riley she gave a childish grin and gave a peace sign.

“So, do you live in La Push?” Dawn asked now moving her hands quickly over the grass, picking up many daisy heads in her palm. After a few more moments her hands were full of daises, she waited for the wind to blow by before letting them softly float away.
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 am

Dawn seemed uncomfortable at my superhuman comment, and I was about to speak to ask why, when she told me she went jogging every morning. It seemed kind of far-fetched that something as simple as that could give her such strengh... but she had no reason to lie to me, so I believed her. "I guess that explains it, kinda" I mumbled, my words getting slurred by my slight laugh at her childishness; the peace sign and wide grin.

"No, I don't live in La Push, I moved to Forks when I was a toddler. But I like coming over here every so often. Its definately warmer that Forks." I grinned at her and aimed a half-hearted kick at the tree. "What about you, Dawn? D'You live in La Push? Or Forks? Or Somewhere far away and you only come here to fall out of trees?" My smile was innocent, but inside I was laughing.

I watched the daisies float out of her hand, absently. It made me happy to see someone so at home with nature. Even if it meant ripping flowers from their homes and letting them float. A morbid way to look upon her actions, but it was still warming.

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:46 am

Dawn laughed innocently and sat down on the grass, looking up at Riley. “Ha-ha, Yeh very funny, nah I live here and Yeh it’s a lot better than Forks, it smells a lot better.” She replied commenting to the other supernatural that lived in those parts. It was a bold move but there would be no way from that sentence Riley could figure out there whole existence.

Dawn giggled and leant towards a blossoming tulip, taking in its scent she smiled.
A cold wind blew by, but she did not feel the icy touch, her skin already pulsated so much heat much like a fireplace. Dawn pursed her lips now getting more bored and agitated; jumping up onto her feet she smiled at Riley playfully much like a puppy.

“Well I feel like running around abit, feel free to join.” Dawn laughed while swiftly turning around and running off into the middle of the field while shouting. “That’s only if you can keep up”
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:00 pm

I furrowed my brow at her comment of the smell of Forks, but for once I couldn't piece together what she meant, no matter how hard or long I thought.
They both smelled the same to me, nice and average in their own ways. Dawn had a playful glint in her eye, so I only guessed that it was some kind of inside joke. I didn't pry, merely laughed and gave a strained grin.

I watched as she yet again went to play with the flowers, this time smelling them. I tried to myself but backed away as a bee came close to my nose.
I shivered at a gust of wind, yet Dawn seemed unfazed. The whole aura around her facinated and confused me. She seemed different somehow.
And when she smiled it surprised me how much like a young puppy she looked.

I opened my mouth at the speed of her jog. She moved so fast. "Wait up!" I called, and tried to keep up with her, but it was useless. After about 50 steps I defiantly stooped down onto the grass and hit my head against the ground. I didn't even hear myself drop as my heart was beating in my ears.

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:51 pm

Dawn ran down the field not realising the pace she was going at, and she didn’t even turn back to look how far Riley had gotten, till her scent had faded slightly. Stopping in her tracks she looked back to see she had gone further than she expected, biting her lips she didn’t noticed Riley. Running back to the centre of the field she noticed her blonde hair swaying in the wind. “Crap crap crap!!!” Dawn repeated while running towards her.

Dropping to her side she began to shake her a little till seeing that she was still conscious she sighed. “Man scared the hell outta me! What happened?” Dawn smacked her forehead with her hand with a relieved smile. She was just happy she didn’t have to carry anyone to hospital.

Looking back to how far she ran she soon realised why she might of collapsed, her eyes widened, she looked down at Riley and hoped she didn’t pay attention to detail, seeing as how far Dawn ran and ran back she didn’t seem to be out of breath.
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:32 pm

I opened my eyes at the sound of Dawn's voice. My vivion was blurred at first, but soon became sharp.
"Uh..." I wheezed slightly, and regained my breath; "Dawn... You run so fast. Are you on the track team?" I asked, smiling slightly.

She was an incredible runner.
I started piecing pieces of information in my head together: this was hardly normal.
The speed, the upper body strench. The awrm skin, not feeling the cold. The fact that she thinks Fork's smells, how everything that comes out of her mouth seems to be an inside joke.
... I was just being silly. Probably.

I had no intentions of getting up. The grass was soft beneath me. It was cool, dewey. It tickled my face.
Plus, the clouds looked like little sheep, and bunnys. I giggled.

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:39 pm

She smiled in relief as she heard Riley’s voice; she gave a short laugh which was cut off by her quick answer. “Yeah, track team” She replied nervously but hoping it wasn’t obvious in her voice. She relaxed in her position still keeping a good eye on Riley just incase she fainting or vomited. But as she watched her a little closely Riley began to giggle making Dawn jump to conclusions.

Pulling herself to her feet she looked down at Riley in horror. “This is even worse than I thought! While you were running you must have banged your head so hard that you have now gone insane!!” Dawn proclaimed pacing back and forth with a sly smile upon her face.

Dawn stopped and turned to Riley with a quiet giggle before sitting back down beside her. “Its nice day isn’t it” Dawn spoke while looking up at the blazing sun
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:53 am

Ahh, so she was on the track team. That explained it, I guess. She must be their best runner; I wonder if she'd try out for the Olympics on day. I wouldn't be surprised.

"Huh!?" I exclaimed kind of groggily. I stared at Dawns large frightened eyes: how exactly had I gone insane? And what was with her sly eyes? What was going on inside her mind? "What are you... thinking?" I asked, not really believeing she'd answer me honeslty.
I mean, I liked Dawn. She seemed like an amazingly nice person. But it seemed like she was hiding something from me.

"yeah" I said softly. I saw another bunny and grinned. Bunnys were my favourite cloud animals.
If someone saw inside my brain right now they'd probably call me derranged, but I didn't care.

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 am

Dawn sighed while staring out into the fields, closing her eyes she could almost fall asleep, her mind was calm and now in her mind she couldn’t help but repeat to herself ‘ No more lollipops, no more lollipops, your making yourself come across as weird.’ was all that her mind contained before she opened her eyes and looked towards the Rabbit just a few metres away.

“What was I thinking? Oh hahaha Ah...Nothing.” Dawn spoke knowing this was probably the worst thing to say she could already tell she was suspecting something; Dawn hadn’t been the most subtle.

(ooc. Soz its short :S)
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:17 pm

"Uhh... okay" I replied. I didn't look into it much, but I finally felt enough strengh to join Dawn into a sitting position.
"So. How's about we go to a shop and buy you another lollipop?" I asked, with a grin.

I stood up and brushed grass and dirt from my jeans and hair. "Ra..." I cut myself off. I was going to say 'race you', but we all know who would win. I pouted at nothing in particular and started whistling.

(ooc - its okay, mines shorter, and PS: I'd put a link on wwhist;ling to Dirty Little Secret, but youtube is down)

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Dawn turned my head towards Riley and her smile broadened “Lollipops?!?!” she almost shouted excitedly and jumped to her feet; it dug her hand into her pocket and pulled out a couple of coins and a five dollars. “I have enough for like five each maybe more!” Dawn laughed and shoved the money back into her pocket and turned to Riley.

“Lead the way” She spoke while listening to her hum, which was a tune that was awfully familiar.

(ooc. I know damn you tube!!¬¬)
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:46 pm

I grinned and walked back past the tree. Five each? She must really love those things.
I saw a chain linked fence just a few meters ahead and scrambled over it, managing - to my surprise - to land on my feet.

there was a convenience store a few blocks away. I asked dawn if that one would sell lollipops.
"I like the green falvoured ones that have sour ssugar over them" I said with a laugh. as I walked down the straight grey road.

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Walking along with her she watched her scramble over the fence and laughed “wow you didn’t fall over!” Dawn laughed and jumped over it landing easily on her feet. She looked forward towards the convenience store and nodded.
“It’s a convenience store! They always sell every kind of lollipop! Especially though ones! And not to mention theses lush ones with the vanilla and strawberry swirl and bubblegum trapped inside!!” Dawn jumped up in down a little excitedly, but soon regained her cool and laughed.
“Sorry about that.”
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:42 pm

I tried to stifle my laugh, but it didn't quite work out, and I ended up gafawing at Dawn like a Hill-Billy. "Its Not...A Problem... I ... Can live With a ... Psyco in my... Life" I could barely even breathe, let alone put together a sentance.

After I regained enough breath to talk, I said "I like the ones with bubblegum in them too... especially if you don't know they're there! That way its a pleasant surprise that leaves you happy..." I contemplated what I said for a few moments "Now I sound like the Psychopath!"

We were nearly at the Shop, but there seemed to be a long queue that I couldn't see over. "huh? Whats Happening?" I stood on my tiptoes to see a bright red sign, and gasped; It read:
'NEW!
Buy The Brand New Sucker From Martys Convenience!
Available in 10 Different Flavours.
Bubblegum Centers;Covered in Sherbet;The Size Of Your Fist'

I shook Dawns shoulder wildly and squealed. "DAWN... WE... MUST... QUEUE!!!"

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:33 pm

Dawn gave a loud laugh before looking forward towards the store and the queue outside the shop, standing on her tip toes like Riley and look at the sign, her eyes widened. “OH MY GOSH!!!!!” She squealed and looked down at the long queue and grumbled. “We have to make them move or else they will be all gone by the hour!” Dawn had taken hold of Riley’s arms and shaken her madly with a crazy look in her eye.

“OI EVERYONE THERES A NEW LOLLIPOP STORE JUST ACROSS THE ROAD!!” Dawn screamed but no one budged, only but the sound of crickets and the lonely tumbleweed blew past. “great….well ive ran out of ideas!”
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:38 pm

I furrowed my brow in concentration; trying to figure out a way to make the line suddenly disappear.
I racked my brain and just decided to say the first thing that popped into my head.

"HEY EVERYONE!... YOU TOO, AT THE FRONT!" I waited until I had everyones attention. "Ahem... THERE'S A WEREWOLF ON THE LOOSE, IT'S IN THE SHOP! EVERYONE HIDE!"
I don't know if my little show worked on everyone, but a few of them looked worried, some seemed concerned about mymental health, a few scoffed, but most of the children in the line with their parents had ran away screaming. I smirked, proud that we were finally about 15th in the line.

"Happy?" I asked Dawn.

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:31 pm

Dawn looked at her in horror before realising what she meant, she let out a laugh and looked as the children ran away there parents running after them. “Hah good one” she looked towards the queue, 15 more people to get rid of. Thinking for about a minute she clicked her fingers and pointed towards the 5 teenage boys laughing about themselves in the queue. “Oh my god! Did you see that naked women running around the street just a minute ago, I mean god! She had huge...-“before she could finish her sentence the 5 teenage boys went running towards where she pointed.

“Ha-ha easy!” Dawn looked towards the queue once more. “damn 10 more to go.”
Back to top Go down
Riley
Human Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:24 am

I tilted my head in confusion as a wave of horror spread over Dawns features, followed by recognition and relief. She sure was acting strange today, but maybe that was normal for her.

I giggled at her attempt to move the teenage boys away, and I soon realised there were only 10 more people in the line...
"We could just shoot them?" I whispered, joking "Or maybe..." About 6 of the poeple left in the line were elderly. God only knows why they wanted lolipops.

I raised my voice slightly so they could here "So! Dawn! Did you hear about the sale of prune juice a few blocks away!? You get one free when you buy the new and improved dentures!!" I grinned and winked, as I watched the old poeple turn their heads away in surprise, rushiing - slowly - across the street.

"Four to go."

Riley Winter
--Claire
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Werewolf Moderator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:56 am

I laughed as I watched the old people limp away towards the ‘prune juice sale’ I looked at the four in front who seem to be middle aged men, some looking rather dodgy. “Ahh I can handle this.” Rubbing my hands together I walked towards them, my chest outwards.

“So Yeh, Right now I really need one of the lollipops, and I would be ever so grateful if you let me and my friend cut in front” I placed my pinkie finger in my mouth and gave a seductive wink. A few of them looked at me weirdly but the one who happened to be in front like my show. He gestured for a space in front.

“Riley! Come on” I called put and thanked the man before arriving at the counter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trees and lollipops.   

Back to top Go down

Trees and lollipops.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next